The Frick Collection
1 East 70th Street
New York City, New York 10021
(212) 288-0700
The Frick Collection

[Back to Museums]
[Floor Plans]The Frick Collection is housed in the former residence of Henry Clay Frick (1849-1919), which was designed by Thomas Hastings and constructed in 1913-14. After Mrs. Frick's death in 1931, changes and additions to the building were made by the architect John Russell Pope, and in 1935 the Collection was opened to the public.

The Collection attempts to preserve the ambiance of Mr. Frick's private house. It includes some of the best-known paintings by the greatest European artists, major works of sculpture (among them one of the finest groups of small bronzes in the world), superb eighteenth-century French furniture and porcelains, Limoges enamels, Oriental rugs, and other works of remarkable quality.

A guide to all works of art on exhibition is available for $1.00.

The Frick Collection possesses works by many Italian artists including Gentile and Giovanni Bellini, Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Titian, Andrea del Castagno, Filippo Lippi, Piero della Francesca, Barna Da Siena, Lazzaro Bastiani and many more.

Here is a painting by Giovanni Bellini (c1430-1516),
"St. Francis in Ecstasy,"
which can be found in the Frick Collection.

[Back to Museums]