Festivals & Pageants in Apulia, Italy | Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Ceremonies, Folklore Events
Festivals & Pageants in Apulia
Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Folk Ceremonies
This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
- Fasano: Carnival Parade (February).
- Pezze di Greco
: Living Nativity Scene (December - January).
- Savelletri di Fasano: Swordfish Festival (August).
- Copertino: Madonna della Neve Festival (May).
- Putignano: Carnival Parades (Sundays in February).
- San Cesarea Terme: Historical Regatta (November).
- Torre Paduli: Festival of San Rocco (May).
- Barletta: Disfida di Barletta: Costumed Re-enactment of a 16th-century Battle (third Sunday in July).
- Bari: Historical Re-enactment of the Arrival of St. Nicholas' Bones, with procession of floats (May).
Papier-mâché Fair (December).
- Monte Sant'Angelo: St. Michael's Day Festivities (May and September).
- Taranto: Procession of Hooded Penitents (Maunday Thursday)
Procession of Passion Figures (Good Friday).
- Mola di Bari: Octopus Festival (July).
- Lecce: St. Orontius (August 24-26).