Information about seaside, museums, airports, transportation in Calabria, plus photographs, guidebooks, books and movies
Calabria Photographs, Museums, Seaside Beaches, Transportation
- Usually we think of southern Italy as rocky and barren, but La Sila is among Europe's great and vastest woodlands.
- Writing about Calabria's most illustrious artworks got Rosemary Torigian to thinking about the best way to view a foreign country.
- This drive through Northern Calabria starts at the border and ends on a "stairway to heaven."
- Calabrians make great pasta, whether it's served with meat sauce or baked with eggs, as for Sims Brannon's Frittata di Pasta con Salsicce.
- If it's a seaside vacation you long for, Calabria has some of the most unspoiled beaches and cleanest seas in Italy.
- This drive through the heart of Calabria combines the magical with the mystical in some of the less frequently traveled areas of the entire country.
- Just before you cross the Straits of Messina into Sicily, the extreme southern tip of Calabria has some nice things to offer.
- One of the world's rarest and yet most pervasive fruits grows almost exclusively in Calabria.
- Find the location, zip code, area code, province or region of a specific town.
- Find a flag of Calabria, along with hundreds of other flags from Italy and around the world.
- Useful WWW links.
- A year-round calendar of the colorful festivals and pageants held throughout the region of Calabria.
- Ceramics, kitchen utensils, hand-made linens, antique bric-a-brac: what better place to find souvenirs for your friends and yourself than a flea market, set in the shadow of a 16th-century cathedral, perchance? Keep this calendar of outdoor markets in Calabria for your files.
- The basic facts about Calabria.
[Regions of Italy]