Festivals & Pageants in Rome and Latium, Italy | Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Ceremonies, Folklore Events
Festivals & Pageants in Rome and Latium
Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Folk Ceremonies
This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
- Alatri: Sacred Re-enactment of the Passion Play (April).
- Sermoneta: Historical Re-enactment of the Battle of Lepanto (October).
- Greccio: Re-enactment of St. Francis Building the First Nativity Scene (Christmas Eve).
- Rieti: Palio Horse Race (July).
- Castel Madama: Historical Pageant and Horse Race (July).
- Genzano: Flower Carpets Pageant (June).
- Rome: Festa de' Noantri (July).
- Sant'Oreste: Festival of the Madonna (May).
- Velletri: Festival of St. Anthony Historical Parade and Jousting Tournament (January).
- Acquapendente: "I Pugnaloni" Historical Pageant (May).
- Bolsena: Flower Carpets Pageant (June).
- Tarquinia: Historical Parade and Jousting Tournament (May).
- Vetralla: Costumed Parade and Carnival (February).