Festivals & Pageants in Piedmont, Italy | Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Ceremonies, Folklore Events
Festivals & Pageants in Piedmont
Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Folk Ceremonies
This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
Festival of Festivals
Palio of Asti
- Acqui Terme: Cavalcata Aleramica Historical Horse Race (October).
- Asti: Carnival (February).
Palio Historical Horse Race and Games (September).
Festival of Festivals (2nd Sunday in September).
- Canelli: Historical Reenactment of the Siege of the Town (June).
- Domodossola: Historical Carnival Festivities (February).
- Premosello/Chiovenda: Donkey Race (August).
- Castellamonte: Carnival Festival and Parade (February).
- Chivasso: Nighttime Carnival Parade (February).
- Cuorgné: Medieval Games and Tournaments (May).
- Ivrea: Historical Carnival and Battle of the Oranges (February).
- Oglianico: Ides of May Medieval Pageant (May).
- Alagna: Ice Nativity Scene (Christmas Eve).
- Varallo: Procession of the Seven Marys (April).
- San Sebastiano Curone: Truffle Festival (November).
- Alba: Truffle Festival (October).
- Castagnole Monferrato: Historical Grape Harvest (second Sunday in October).
- Alba: Palio Degli Asini (October).
- Quaranti: Calice di Stelle (August 10).
Chickpea and Barbera Festival (3rd Sunday in March).
- Nizza Monferrato: Corsa delle Botti (4th Sunday in May).
Fiera di San Carlo (November 4-5).
- Maranzana: Festa dello Spumante (3rd Sunday in August).
- Alessandria: Festa di San Bardolino (2nd Sunday in November).
- Mombaruzzo: Minestrone and Torta Verde Festival (last Sunday in June).
Click here for information about truffle festivals.