Festivals & Pageants in Sicily, Italy | Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Ceremonies, Folklore Events
Festivals & Pageants in Sicily
Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Folk Ceremonies
This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
Giuseppe Tambè contributed a wonderful story about Easter
pageants in Sicily.
- Piana degli Albanesi: Greek Orthodox Ritual and Procession (in April and May).
- Acireale: Traditional Carnival (February).
Christmas Nativity Scene (December).
- Trapani: "Stations of the Cross" Historical
Celebration and Passion Play (Good Friday).
- Adrano: Historical "La Diavolata" Passion
- Caltanisetta: "I Misteri" Costumed Celebration
- Castelbuono: Medieval Games and Tournament (August).
- Siracusa: Historical water parade and games (August).
Santa Lucia Festival (December 13 and 20).
- Messina: Historical Procession of the Giants (August).
- Monterosso Almo: Living Nativity Scene (December 26).
- Taormina: Rally of Sicilian Costumes and Carts (April).
- Palermo: Santa Rosalia Folklore Festival and Procession (July).
Fishermen's Festival (September 27).
- Trecastagni: Sant'Alfio Procession of Costumes and Carts (May).
- Catania: Feast Day of Sant'Agata (first week of February).
- San Fratello: The Devils of San Fratello (Easter Week).
- San Cataldo: Descent From the Cross (Good Friday).
Piana degli Albanesi