Festivals & Pageants in Veneto, Italy | Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Ceremonies, Folklore Events
Festivals & Pageants in Veneto
Historical Parades, Food Festivals, Costumed Processions, Folk Ceremonies
This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
- Belluno: Traditional Easter Games (March).
- Campo di Cadore: "Lioda" Competition (December).
- Cibiana di Cadore: Murales: three famous artists paint the town's history on its walls (July).
- Feltre: Historical Horse Race (August).
- Marostica: Human Chess Game (September).
- Lamon: Bean Festival (September).
- Sappada: Carnival (February).
- Trichiana: Brusa la Vecia Traditional Bonfire (March).
- Battaglia Terme: Remada a Seconda Pageant Play (May).
- Este: Palio Games and Races (September).
Colli Euganei DOC Wine Festival (September).
- Montagnana: Historical Parade and Horse Race (September).
- Badia Polesine: Springtime Kite Competition (April).
- Rosolina: Festival of San Rocco (August).
- Fregona: Mountaineer Competition (July).
- Treviso: Rogo della Vecia Bonfire and Festival (March).
Radicchio Festival (December).
- Bibione: International Folklore Festival (August).
Living Nativity Scene, Church of S.M. Assunta (December)
- Caorle: Historical Re-evocation of the Rape of the Damsels (September)
"Madonna dell'Angelo" festival (July).
- Bassano del Grappa: Asparagus Festival (April and May, info +39-424-228-651).
- Chioggia: Fish Festival with Costumed Sailboat Races (July).
- Concordia Sagittaria: Beer Festival (May and June).
- Venice: Carnival (February).
Historical Regattas (Vogalunga, May; Ascension Regatta, May; Sant'Erasmo Regatta, June; Redentore Regatta, July; Historical Regatta, September).
- Garda: Sardine Festival: Food, Music and Folklore on Boats in the Lake (July 15-31).
Historical Horse Race and Parade (August).
- Verona: Bacanal del Gnoco Historical Parade and Masked Ball (February).
Green Robe Historical Parade and Race (May).
- Asiago: Parade to Commemorate the End of the Plague (May).
- Rotzo: Potato Festival (August and September).
- Boccasette: Fish Festival (July and August).
- Along the Brenta River: Riverside Marathon (first Sunday in October).
- Valdobbiadene: National Spumante Festival (September).